Updated: Oct 8
Connections at First Evangelical Church of San Gabriel Valley is hiring an English-speaking pastor. The position is open until filled. For more information and to apply, please use the following LINK.
Connections Congregation Pastor Profile
1. Provide vision and direction of the congregation in accordance with Senior Pastor’s vision and direction of the whole church.
2. Provide shepherding and equipping for congregational leaders; Lead congregational leaders in developing and executing strategic action-plans to inspire and mobilize the whole congregation, which presently has 80 people, to participate in the shared vision and mission of FECSGV and FECA.
3. Adhere to the Bylaws, policies and procedures of the Church as set by the Board of Elders.
4. Responsible for the promotion and advancement of the spiritual welfare of the congregation.
5. Served as a member of the Board of Elders.
6. Responsible for all other matters delegated to him/her from time to time by the Senior Pastor.
1. Minimum of a Master of Divinity Degree or equivalent from an evangelical accredited seminary.
2. At least 3 years of ministerial experience in a small to medium size multi-congregational, multi-lingual Church in North America.
3. Stable and mature Christian. Clearly aligns with and follows God’s requirements for pastoral leadership in the church as described in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
4. Strong relational and teamwork skills. Able to work in a multicultural pastoral team.
Required experience (in order of priority):
1. Primary gift mix is leadership, shepherding, preaching and disciple-making. Able to connect and relate individually and able to passionately preach the inspired Word of God clearly with enthusiasm to inspire spiritual growth and alignment of vision.
2. Passionate for evangelism, mission and social concern for both qualitative and quantitative church growth.
3. Passionate for multi-generational discipleship.
4. Demonstrated experience conveying vision and working through a multi-cultural setting.
5. Fluent in English and understanding of one or more of the following would be a plus but not required: Cantonese, Mandarin, and Vietnamese.